Sunday, March 9, 2008

Jane Austen Fix


I can never get enough of Jane Austen's books, which is unfortunate since she is dead. If her writing isn't for you (my friend Katie calls the style "hither-tither" and just can't get excited about it), then read no further. For those of you who agree with me, we are in luck! First, a couple of Christmases ago, my brother gave me a trilogy of books by author Pamela Aidan entitled, from first to last, An Assembly Such As This, Duty and Desire and These Three Remain. They are told from the perspective of Pride and Prejudice's Fitzwilliam Darcy! Second, this Christmas my sister gave me The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James. This book is written from the perspective of Jane Austen and tells us all about a secret love affair that inspired revisions of her book Sense and Sensibility. Both books were wonderful and helped me get an extra Jane Austen fix!

No comments: